There is no need to argue and bicker about hunting, because with these 10 facts, anti-hunters just might find a new understanding of hunting.
- Avid hunter, Theodore Roosevelt, created our national forests and grasslands and forever protected 230 million acres for wildlife and the public to use and enjoy.
- An 11 percent tax on guns, ammo, bows and arrows generates $371 million a year for conservation.
- Hunting supports 680,000 jobs; from game wardens to waitresses, biologists to motel clerks.
- Through state licenses and fees, hunters pay $796 million a year for conservation programs.
- When tallying up the various fees, licensing and taxes, hunters raise $1.6 billion!
- The best form of eating organic is hunting. Nosler said it best: “Eat Organic-Shoot Nosler”
- In the past century, elk, deer, turkeys and ducks have gone from thousands to millions thanks to the help of hunters and programs funded by hunters.
- Hunters keep nuisance species in check and keep herd numbers healthy for various other animals.
- Sport hunting in Zambia provides 143 tons of meat to rural villages with an estimated value of $600,000.
- At the end of the day, “I”ll never apologize for being a hunter.”
Eva Shockey says it best;
As hunters, we need to stand strong, unite as one and NEVER apologize for being who we are! We should focus our energy on being the best hunters we can be by challenging ourselves to be ethical, respectful and responsible so as to humbly uphold our proud heritage. Now, let’s get out there and enjoy the great outdoors!
Provided by the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation