If you’re shopping for a woman who loves the outdoors, we’ve got you covered. We’ve put together this list of ideas to help you on your search for that perfect gift for her. You can always get a Gift Card and let her pick out exactly what she is hoping for, too. Our new email Gift Cards are especially handy if the lady in question is living far away, and conveniently allow you to cut out shipping time and cost! By the way, ship-to-store or any orders over $49 have free shipping!
1. Does she like fishing?
• We have some great rod and reel combos for women. She can go fishing before the lake thaws with the Shakespeare Lady Glacier Ice Rod and Reel Spinning Combo. Shakespeare also offers the Lady Fish Spinning Rod and Reel Combo and the Ugly Stik GX2 Ladies Spinning Rod and Reel Combo in a few different length options. Pflueger’s Lady Trion Spinning Rod and Reel Combo is a nice setup, too.
• If she just needs a new reel, and not a whole combo, we have plenty to choose from there, too. The Okuma Cold Water Line Counter Ladies Edition Reel comes in left or right-handed options and is perfect for large game fish.
• Carry tackle in style with the Shakespeare Lady Fish Women’s Tackle Bag with plenty of pockets and a main compartment that holds up to four medium utility boxes. If you’re looking for a fishing tech vest developed to fit a woman, get her the Fishpond Muchacha Women's Tech Vest.
• If she likes lake fishing, check out the Caddis Inspire LC Float Tube. It only weighs 12 pounds, with the pair of oars adding another 3 pounds, so it’s easy to carry to and from the water. Combine it with the Full Throttle Women's Hinged Flex Back Vest PFD that’s designed with a shorter waist for women.
2. Knives & multi-tools
• Outdoorsy folks really like knives, and most of them would never leave the house without one. A popular compact is the CRKT Minimalist Bowie Fixed Blade Knife that’s great for all kinds of cutting tasks despite its diminutive size, and features a sheath that can be worn on the waist or around the neck.
• When it comes to multi-tools there’s a variation for any interest. Leatherman is a quality brand that has been in the business for a long time, offering popular models like the Skeletool (shown here in silver and black), the Style CS Pocket Multi-Tool, and the Micra that comes in a keychain design.
• We have all kinds of knives for all kinds of needs, but if you’re having trouble picking something out, allow us to suggest a gift tin with a little bit of variety like the Old Timer lockback and keychain set.
3. Dutch ovens
Cooking with Dutch ovens is fun and more than a little addictive, whether you’re camping or just hanging out in the back yard. If she already has a Dutch oven that she enjoys, like this little black number from Lodge, get her another one. If she already has “too many” (no such thing) Dutch ovens, check out other cast iron cookware to compliment her current collection.
4. New shades
Sunglasses don’t have to be stylish to be functional, but it can’t hurt! Check out our wide variety of eyewear like the Berkley Ladies Diamond Polarized Sunglasses, Ashdown Wood/Green or Eldo Desert Tan/Gray Sunglasses from Native.
Anyone who recreates in the backcountry can make great use of a GPS. Garmin offers a wide array of different models with all kinds of features and priced for every budget. Great deals this year include the GPSMAP 64st, or the Rino 755T 2-Way Radio/GPS Navigator with Camera and TOPO Mapping that has cool unit-to-unit communication functions. For the ultimate in backcountry GPS communication, get the new inReach Explorer®+ Satellite Communicator w/ Maps and Sensors for 100% global 2-way text messaging, location tracking and sharing, S.O.S., and more!
6. Sleeping bags
Snooze comfortably in bags that are made specifically for women like the SJK Boundary Women's Sleeping Bags, Kelty’s Women's Tuck 20° Mummy Sleeping Bag or Women's Cosmic 20° DriDown Sleeping Bag, Marmot Women's Trestles 15 Regular Mummy Sleeping Bag, or Marmot Mountain Women's Radium 20° Mummy Bag. These feature designs that are ergonomic to women’s dimensions, sizes, and comfort.
Backpacks that are designed for women’s dimensions and center of gravity improve balance and weight distribution, making every trip a better experience for her. The Mountainsmith Approach 25 Women's Backpack is a daypack that is well-suited to day hikes, campus, or workdays. Gregory’s Jade 28 Women's Backpack is another daypack to consider, or go with their Amber 60 Women's Internal Frame Pack for multiday trips. Kelty has great packs, too, like their Women's Redwing 40 Pack for overnighters or the Women’s Red Cloud 80 Internal Frame Pack for multiday.