Otis was born in 1985 when their founder, a 16-year-old Doreen Garrett, fell into cold mud while deer hunting with her father. The barrel of her grandfather’s Model 94 Winchester was full of mud and the day's hunt was over.
Sometimes when you fall, you stumble upon something you didn’t see before, something you were meant to find. That day sparked the beginning of an endeavor to create a smarter solution to a problem every hunter, soldier, shooter and firearm owner has encountered. On that day, Doreen had a vision for innovating gun care. That is where they began, in the mud, pulled down by their roots to reveal a tireless drive to create a quality, American-made product that will serve the men and women that depend on their firearms to feed their families and protect our country. Now, it is their uncompromising purpose and the big picture reason why they show up to work every day.
Their mission is to rethink and redefine gun care, giving gun owners better and smarter ways to keep their most cherished firearms in the best condition possible. Otis is Smart Gun Care.
One of the Sportsman’s News Teams favorite Otis products is the Otis Elite which delivers top-notch performance and durability to the avid gun user by ensuring a proper Breech-to-Muzzle cleaning experience unique to the Otis Brand. This universal gun cleaning kit comes complete with over 60 components for all rifles, pistols, shotguns and inline muzzleloaders, including a full Tactical cleaning kit all contained in a lightweight, portable case. Made in the USA and built to last, the Otis Elite is a must-have addition to your gun cleaning bench.
- Cleans all rifles/pistols/shotguns/inline muzzleloaders with 100% cotton 2” & 3” patches, 3 slotted tips & 2 patch savers
- 16 firearm specific bronze bore brushes with size marked on brush stem (.17, .22 limited breech, .22/.223, .243-.260, .270/7mm, .30-06/.300/30-30/.308, .338-.35, .357-38cal/9mm, .40/10mm, .44/.45, .50cal, .410ga, 28ga, 20ga, 16ga, 12/10ga)
- 8”, 12” and 36” aircraft grade Memory-Flex cables and thread connector for proper Breech-to-Muzzle cleaning
- Small and large obstruction removers knock out mud, snow, stuck casings and double as a T-handle base for included T-handle; small T-handle & stud included for small caliber cleaning
- .223cal/5.56mm chamber brush, pin punch, end brush, straight pick, locking lug scraper, scraper, short AP brush, double end AP brush and male & female rod for more precise cleaning
- Lens tissue, lens spray, lens brush and lens cloth for optics care
- Also includes microfiber gun cloth, chamber flag, (2) 0.5 fl. oz. Bio-CLP & instruction manual
- Complete Tactical cleaning kit in compact soft pack cases included with 6 brushes, 3 cables, 2” & 3” patches, 0.5 fl. oz. Bio-CLP, chamber flag
The Otis Elite is packed neatly in a rugged nylon bag that sports a handy carrying handle. It features their "No Nonsense Warranty" and most importantly – is made in the USA! Check out this great kit and many other Otis products at your local Sportsman’s Warehouse or grab them online at Sportsmans.com.